Huawei Honor U8860 can be updated officially to Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 (ICS). The update is available officially for all Huawei Honor devices, you can update your device through the inbuilt OTA functionality of the device.
There are no words on the availability of the official Jelly Bean update for the Huawei Honor, but I think Huawei won’t be updating this device to JB since this device has become old now. You device would be running on Gingerbread 2.3, why not update it to a newer one that is ICS 4.0.3.
This article will cover the procedure of installing Android 4.0.3 Update on Huawei Honor U8860. The update procedure is a bit different from others, read carefully and then proceed.
Disclaimer: TechSpooler won’t be held responsible for any damage that is caused due to the usage of this guide, we don’t try each and every procedure on our devices first. Though this is a very unlike event if you follow each and every step given carefully.
- This update applies to Huawei Honor U8860
- Make sure that the battery of the device is 100 percent charged.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone.
- Download Device Drivers for Your Android Device from here.
- Backup SMS / Call Logs, Contacts, APN Settings, WhatsApp Messages, Multimedia Files, and all other important stuff stored on your device. Read Android Backup Guide to take full backup of data stored on your device.
Once you’re done with the checklist and are ready to install the Android ICS 4.0.3, proceed the installation steps that have been given below.
Install Android 4.0.3 Official Update on Huawei Honor U8860
- Download Android 4.0.3 Package. Extract the downloaded package zip.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Transfer the downloaded “Update.app” and “Update_Cust.App” from the extracted folder to “/mnt/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP” directory. Create a folder named “dload” in case there isn’t any.
- Disconnect your mobile phone after the copy/paste of the firmware file is done.
- Remove the battery of your device, put it in again. After that press and hold “Volume UP + Volume Down + Power” buttons to start the device.
- If you would have transferred the files properly on your device then the installation of the official firmware would start.
Kudos! You have installed Android ICS 4.0.3 on your Huawei Honor U8860.