Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 users can update their devices using Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
We cannot expect Samsung to officially release Jelly Bean for this device since the device hasn’t even received the Ice Cream Sandwich update, and the device’s hardware isn’t that good to run Jelly Bean / ICS on it. But still developers have made a stable build of Jelly Bean for this device and now the users can install the same on their devices, continue reading this article to check the installation procedure of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Y S5360.
We will make use of Android’s recovery to flash the firmware file on the device. Make sure that you create a complete data backup before proceeding because if anything goes wrong your device will be completely messed up.
Disclaimer: TechSpooler won’t be held responsible for any damage that is caused due to the usage of this guide, we don’t try each and every procedure on our devices first. Though this is a very unlike event if you follow each and every step given carefully.
- This update applies to Samsung Galaxy Y
- Make sure that the battery of the device is 100 percent charged.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone.
- Download Device Drivers for Your Android Device from here.
- Backup SMS / Call Logs, Contacts, APN Settings, WhatsApp Messages, Multimedia Files, and all other important stuff stored on your device. Read Android Backup Guide to take full backup of data stored on your device.
Once you’re done with the checklist and are ready to install the Jelly Bean update, proceed the installation steps that have been given below.
Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy Y S5360
- Download Android 4.1.1 Package and transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of your mobile phone’s SD Card.
- Once the transfer is complete, safely remove your device from your computer.
- Boot your Galaxy Y into Recovery Mode. Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power Button and wait for the device to boot.
- On recovery menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm it by selecting “YES” on the next screen asking for confirmation.
- Head to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD Card” >> “choose zip from SD Card”, now select the Jelly Bean Firmware zip file that we had transferred on the device. Select “YES” on the next screen to confirm the installation of the file.
- Now, head back to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Kudos! You have installed Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.