Galaxy Mini users can now install Miui v4 Custom ROM on their devices. For those who don’t know what MIUI is – it is the most beautiful and well customized ROM ever created, there are lot of Custom Themes available for the inbuilt theme engine. You have over two hundred options for customization on your device.
We all know that Samsung is busy as of now in updating their flagship smartphones to the latest iteration of Android, so Galaxy Mini, which is very old now won’t be getting ICS or Jelly Bean for sure. So why feel bad, just move on with Custom ROMs and enjoy playing with your smartphone. The MIUI v4 Custom ROM is based on Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 + CyanogenMod 9 Build.
There are few bugs and problems as of now in this build, a few graphical issues are there. Other than that it works really well.
This article will cover the procedure of installing MIUI v4 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. We will make use of recovery to flash the ROM file on the device.
Disclaimer: TechSpooler won’t be held responsible for any damage that is caused due to the usage of this guide, we don’t try each and every procedure on our devices first. Though this is a very unlike event if you follow each and every step given carefully.
Once you’re done with the checklist and are ready to install the MIUI v4 ROM, proceed the installation steps that have been given below.
Install MIUI v4 Custom ROM on Galaxy Mini S5570
- Download Miui v4 Custom ROM (MIUI V4_tass.zip) and transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of your mobile phone’s SD Card.
- Once the transfer is complete, safely remove your device from your computer.
- Boot your Mini into Recovery Mode. Press and hold Volume UP + Menu + Power Button and wait for the device to boot.
- On recovery menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm it by selecting “YES” on the next screen asking for confirmation.
- After wiping head to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD Card” >> “choose zip from SD Card”, now select the MIUI v4 Custom ROM zip file that we had transferred on the device. Select “YES” on the next screen to confirm the installation of the file.
- Once the installation is complete, perform a wipe of cache partition and Dalvik cache.
- Now, head back to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Kudos! Your Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 will be running the MIUI v4 Custom ROM on it. Do let us know if you face any difficulties while installing the ROM.