Samsung has started rolling out XXELLA Firmware for Galaxy S3 users in the UK. The update comes with the baseband I9300XXELLA. According to the developers at XDA this update reportedly fixes the Exynos Bug and Sudden Death issue in the S3 device. You can update your device by checking for the OTA Update by heading to settings or you can update your device through Kies.
- Fixes Sudden Death issue
- Fixes Exynos Mem Bug (can’t root anymore using ExynosMemAbuse)
XXELLA Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
This article will cover the procedure of installing XXELLA Firmware on Galaxy S3. We will make use of the well known flashing tool by Samsung called as Odin. Make sure that you create a complete data backup before proceeding because if anything goes wrong your device will be completely messed up.
Disclaimer: TechSpooler won’t be held responsible for any damage that is caused due to the usage of this guide, we don’t try each and every procedure on our devices first. Though this is a very unlike event if you follow each and every step given carefully.
- This update applies to Galaxy S3
- Make sure that the battery of the device is 100 percent charged.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone.
- Download Device Drivers for Your Android Device from here.
- Backup SMS / Call Logs, Contacts, APN Settings, WhatsApp Messages, Multimedia Files, and all other important stuff stored on your device. Read Android Backup Guide to take full backup of data stored on your device.
Once you’re done with the checklist and are ready to install the XXELLA update, proceed the installation steps that have been given below.
Install XXELLA Firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300
- Download I9300XXELLA Firmware and Odin 3.07 for Galaxy S3 on your computer.
- Extract the Odin package and the Firmware package that you’ve downloaded and move both of them to a single place.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3 device and boot it into download mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power and wait for the device to boot.
- Run Odin on your computer and select the files as shown below:
- Click on ‘PDA Tab’ and select the file with ‘CODE’ in name.
- Click on ‘Phone Tab’ and select the file with ‘MODEM’ in name. Ignore if no file with such name.
- Click on ‘CSC Tab’ and select the file with ‘CSC’ in name.
- Click on ‘PIT Tab’ and select the .pit file. Ignore if no file with such name.
- Tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset under the Odin window. Re-partition too if you have selected a .pit file in the above step.
- Click on the Start Button now and wait for the installation to complete. Once complete, your device will automatically restart. Remove the data cable once you’re able to see the home screen of the same.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXELLA Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
+1 and share if this worked for you!