It’s KitKat time, Nexus 10 owners can install CyanogenMod 11 M1 KitKat build on their Android devices. This is an unofficial custom rom, from CyanogenMod with some custom improvements and fixes. It is good enough for daily use. FYI, the Nexus 10 has already received the official Android 4.4 update through OTA.
Before proceeding with the installation I would recommend you to backup the complete data stored on it, so that in case the device is bricked all data can be brought back. Plus the battery of the device should be fully charged.
Installation is pretty simple, your bootloader should be unlocked and CWM Recovery should be unlocked.
Install CWM 11 on Nexus 10
- Download Gapps and ROM file
- Power off your device first
- Boot into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key, release the power key once the Google logo appears. This will take you to the bootloader mode, now press Volume Down twice and you’ll be in recovery mode
- Perform a factory reset, after that perform a Sytem Format (setting under Mounts and Storage)
- First flash the ROM file. Select “install zip” > “choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM file
- Similarly, flash the Gapps file.
- Reboot and done.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed CyanogenMod 11 on your Nexus 10.