Xperia Miro ST23i users can install CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) based on Android 4.2.1 on their devices. Special thanks to the FreeXperia team for releasing this unofficial build of CyanogenMod for this mobile phone.
Sony is busy in unveiling their new flagship smartphones and creating new and new firmwares for them. We cannot keep on waiting for them to officially announce the Android 4.2.1 update for the Xperia Miro device. We have CyanogenMod 10 build already available for the device, so why wait!.. Though this is a work in progress ROM that is still under development, so expect some bugs and glitches.
We will make use of Android’s recovery to flash the firmware file on the device. Make sure that you create a complete data backup before proceeding because if anything goes wrong your device will be completely messed up.
Disclaimer: TechSpooler won’t be held responsible for any damage that is caused due to the usage of this guide, we don’t try each and every procedure on our devices first. Though this is a very unlike event if you follow each and every step given carefully.
Backup SMS / Call Logs, Contacts, APN Settings, WhatsApp Messages, Multimedia Files, and all other important stuff stored on your device. Read Android Backup Guide to take full backup of data stored on your device.
Install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Custom ROM on Xperia Miro
- Download CM10 ROM and Gapps. Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of your mobile phone’s SD Card.
- Once the transfer is complete, safely remove your device from your computer.
- Boot your Xperia Miro into Recovery Mode. Repeatedly press Volume Down Key and then turn on the device.
- On recovery menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm it by selecting “YES” on the next screen asking for confirmation.
- Head to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD Card” >> “choose zip from SD Card”, now select the CM10 Firmware zip file that we had transferred on the device. Select “YES” on the next screen to confirm the installation of the file.
- Now, head back to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Kudos! You have installed Android 4.1.2 CyanogenMod 10 Firmware on Xperia Miro ST23i.